“Back before the DGB, when DreadBall was still a real sport, the game was brutal. Players would be soldiers or mercenaries, playing to keep their reflexes sharp and their wits quick in the downtime between battles. They’d soon be injured or worse if they weren’t paying attention. Nowadays it’s all showboating, corporate sponsorship and money. These kids that play now – they wouldn’t have lasted five minutes in a real game.
If you wanna see DreadBall played as it really should be, where you can smell the blood and get a pie and a drink for less than a cost of passage offworld, you have to hunt down an Xtreme game. The corps don’t like it, but they can’t stop it either. There’s something very democratic about DreadBall played proper – don’t matter who you are, how big you are or how fast. If your time’s up, your time’s up. And I don’t mean so’s you can go take a long soak in a big tub at half time…”
Interview with ‘Hacker’ Perez – former protégé of Jesus Ortiz, with ‘Underground Rush’ magazine.
With a focus on violence and carnage, DreadBall Xtreme takes the simple mechanics of DreadBall and twists them together to create something altogether more unruly!
- 2-player miniatures sport game for ages 10 and up. The average game time is 60 minutes.
- Brutal Action: No referees and no fouls makes this the deadliest DreadBall yet!
- Dangerous Environments: Play ball in abandoned warehouses and improvised arenas out of sight of the law, with pitches littered with concealed traps and explosive crates!
- Illicit Sponsors: Assume the role of Sponsor and bet, intimidate and threaten your way to victory!
- Blood Money: Create a bespoke team of your own choosing, from convicted criminals, alien Kalyshi and money-grabbing Free Agents.
DreadBall Xtreme contains two match-ready Convict and Asterian Kalyshi teams with prone figures as well as a selection of Free Agents, coloured hex bases to easily tell teams apart, 48-page Rulebook, Sabotage and Special Move Card Deck, Counter Sheet, and 14 Dice.
Find out more on Friday 23rd January!