Hi Martin here! We are very proud to once again announce we have TWO incredible co-sponsors for the Autumn 2019 Brush with Death painting competition. Our friends at Artis Opus have once again agreed to sponsor all the category winners with exclusive box sets of their brushes.
Our second co-sponsor are the fantastic guys over at Redgrass Games. They will be supplying a bundle of products as prizes which include their Everlasting Wet Pallette, the RGG 360° Miniature Holder and the RGG Precision Nippers.
Launching today ahead of the Autumn Mantic Open Day on the 2nd of November 2019 you have 2 months to get your award winning entries painted. The closing date for emailed entries will be Thursday 31st October 2019 to allow the judges time to go through the entries. Alternatively entries can be delivered in person by midday on the 2nd November at Mantic HQ. The winners will then be announced week commencing 4th November!
- The winners of the Single Miniature, the Unit and Diorama categories will each receive an engraved collectors box with 4 Artis Opus brushes and brush soap.
- The winners of the Diorama and New Recruits categories will receive a set of the fantastic Premium RGG Brushes.
- The winner of each category will also receive a Bundle from Redgrrass Games which includes a Wet Palette, the RGG 360° Miniature Holder and the RGG Precision Nippers. .
- The winner of each category will also receive £100 Mantic online-store credit!
How to enter:
All submissions should be photographed at least 3 times , from different angles and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure your pictures are well lit and sharp – so we can see your amazing paintjobs. There are plenty of guides online to help you when it comes to photographing your minis. You can also choose to send in or drop off at HQ in Nottingham too.
Brush With Death is split over 5 categories. All categories are for ANY GENRE. There are no restrictions for our Fantasy, Sci-Fi or licensed ranges.
Single figure from the Mantic range. There is no size restriction on the figure or the base size so can be on a plinth or display base. It can be anything from a brand new Dwarf Flame Priest to a Shadowhulk to a Druid with grass hair… but remember that bigger is not always strictly better!
Unit, Squad, Team or Warband
A minimum of five miniatures from the Mantic range, displayed on the appropriate base sizes for the game the miniatures are used in. Figures may be mounted on a single display base, be multi-based or individually based. The unit must be able to function within the game it is from.
At least two figures from the Mantic range, of any genre, mounted on a base no larger than 300mm in diameter. There is no height restriction.
At least 1,000 points army from either the Pannithor or Warpath universes. Must be 100% Mantic Miniatures and must be a usable army.
New Recruits (16 years old or under)
Choose from any of the categories above and make the age of the entrant clear on the entry details.
Brush with Death Competition rules
- All miniatures must be produced by Mantic Games.
- Conversions are allowed, but it must be obvious it is a Mantic produced miniature.
- Scratch built miniatures are not allowed.
- You may mount your miniatures on a suitable gaming or display base.
- The person entering the miniatures into the competition must be the person that painted them.
- You can only enter each category once and you can enter all of the categories.
- By entering the competition, you agree to your entry/entries being photographed/videoed, and that all recordings shall be the property of Mantic Games to be used in whatever manner Mantic Games sees fit.