Ey up folks, Jonny here,
It’s a new year and with that we are having a huge recruitment drive and kickstarting the Pathfinder Program back into full swing.
Everyone wants to see the games they love do well and grow, the more people playing a game in your area the more opponents to crush, right? So why not get out to your Friendly Local Gaming Store and show people just how great your favourite Mantic game can be!
What is a Pathfinder?
Pathfinders are Mantic’s incredible army of passionate and energetic demo and event volunteers. Each Pathfinder is considered a Mantic ambassador – a volunteer who has kindly given up their time to spread the word of Mantic, they run demo days at games stores, shows, and conventions. They also run all kinds of events and share in their joy of Mantic Games at gaming clubs, through online communities and social channels, running events, or anything else that catches their imagination.
Pathfinders are outgoing, passionate hobbyists, that love to introduce new people to the hobby and everything Mantic Games has to offer!
- As a reward for running demo events at games stores, shows, and conventions, we give you “Pathfinders credit” to spend on the Mantic webstore, in the form of reward points added to your account or a voucher to spend online.
- You’ll receive your own Pathfinder t-shirt to wear proudly when representing Mantic Games.
- Support pack that can include free models to help demo with and other great gifts.
- You’ll receive free entry for you and a partner to all Mantic Open Day events, assuming you are not already helping out on the day!
- Support from other Pathfinders through our private Facebook group.
- Help and support from Mantic when planning demo days.
What do I need before becoming a Pathfinder?
Most importantly, you need to be passionate and knowledgeable about at least one of our current game systems, preferably multiple.
You also need to be able to display your passion to others, engaging them in a friendly, enthusiastic and infectious manner.
You will also need a set of painted models and scenery for running demos. Don’t worry, we’re not looking for award-winning levels of painting, a good basic gaming standard is fine. We can even help out with a demo set for you to paint up if needed.
This is not a sales role. The Pathfinder role is about sharing your joy of the hobby with fellow hobbyists to hopefully lead to them getting involved.
How do I become a Pathfinder?
Mantic is always looking for excited individuals who love to spread the Mantic message. If you are interested in becoming a Pathfinder please email [email protected] if you are based in the UK, EU or “Rest Of The World”. For all North America based applications please email Pat Lewis at [email protected].
- Let us know why you think you’d be a good Pathfinder.
- Include which Current Mantic Game systems you play.
- Your availability to demo games, e.g “I can do once a month” “I hope to demo once every few months”.
UK,EU,ROW Jonny will chat via email to see if you are what we are looking for and send you out the relevant information forms you need to get started.
U.S applicants, Pat will then phone you to ask some questions to make sure you meet our needs.
If successful, we’ll then follow up and get you started as a brand new Pathfinder!