We’re taking a break from our very exciting Worms Kickstarter Campaign to bring you an update on Firefight.
With the Command Protocols book now out in the wild, we wanted to give you a summary of the updates that the book makes to the previous ruleset. It’s quite the upgrade after some amazing work by the rules committee and playtesters, and has been very well-received so far!
- Exceptional rolls: max 8 required to hit. No half dice now.
- Game sizes: smaller games (to 1250pts) on 48” x 48”, and standard games of around 1500pts on 72” x 48”
- Player with initiative chooses to go first or second in the Round.
- Extra Activation cannot be used on the very first Turn of a Round.
- Faction orders can each only be used once per Round.
- Updated terrain heights and clarified Flyers and Obstacles. Added fortified terrain.
- Added reference tables for unit types and terrain interaction.
- Added Overwatch and Steady Aim actions.
- Change Big targets to 4 height levels difference.
- In assault, a charging unit with no LOS to the target gets -1 to hit.
- Updated the rules on reserves and how they enter play.
- Updated the rules for buildings and transports (including disembarking and assaults) and clarified how commanders work inside them.
- A big overhaul of keywords, including some new ones and rewording/clarifications on many others.
- Added the concept of Trademark weapons for factions, which interact with faction orders.
- General rules edits for clarity and incorporation of previous FAQs.
- Updated the guidelines on the amount of terrain to use in games, and added example photos.
- Replaced all eight battle missions with new ones.
ARMY BUILDING CHANGES:
- Added Mazon Labs
- Changed the strike force selection rules:
- For each Troop you can take 1 Specialist or 1 command.
- For every two Troop units, you can take 1 Support unit.
- Troops with the Auxiliary Keyword cannot be used to unlock other units.
- Duplicates of Command, Specialist and Support units are restricted based on the game size being played.
- All faction orders rewritten or replaced.
- Every faction now has six faction orders to choose from.
- Lots of adjustments to all the profiles and lists, including new options, units and vehicles.
NEW GAME MODE:
- Added the Annihilation game mode
- Added the Annihilation force selection rules (which focus on Mechanised units)
- Added the five new Annihilation missions
Phew – that’s it…we’ll see you all out there on the battlefield!